American and Afghan Wedding Customs Marriage is an essential aspect of human life. It is significant because it bonds two people physically, spiritually, and emotionally. The marriage ceremony is the foundation of the family and is an ongoing commitment in the life of a human being. The concept of marriage is widely accepted in all societies. There are many beliefs, diverse opinions, and ideas in each part of the world concerning the wedding ceremony. However, the primary purpose of the wedding ceremony throughout the world is to bring together the couple physically and spiritually. Wedding traditions and customs vary from country to country. There are some commonalities; Afghan wedding customs are distinct from American wedding rituals.
Weddings Weddings…show more of the content…
American weddings can take place anyplace, but usually at courtships, church, or in a hotel. The ceremony usually is short and may be concluded by the couple’s faith.
Despite these differences, the two cultures share a few similarities. In particular, just like Afghan brides, an American brides also wear an ivory dress and holds an adornment in her hand. The wedding host family cooks up a wonderful food for the guests to relax during the wedding ceremony. Most often, guests celebrate the wedding by giving gifts to the bride and groom and then dancing to celebrate their happiness. The two Americans and Afghans end their wedding ceremonies with the cutting of wedding cake.
In the end, the marriage ceremony is the most significant event in an individual’s life. Weddings are celebrated in their own way according to their culture. Everyone hopes to create an unforgettable day in their lives. Americans are allowed one day to commemorate their weddings. This is not the case for Afghans, who are blessed with three weeks. Contrary to Americans, Afghans have arranged marriages that are more like being in love marriages. The henna evening is celebrated with Afghani attire in Afghanistan. Both American brides and Afghan brides dress in white during their ceremony and then cut the cake to end the
Have a peek at this essay!In this article, the author
- The article explains that marriage is a crucial aspect of the human experience. It binds both couples emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Explains that Afghan weddings are joyous, joyful, and vibrant ceremonies that signify that the bride has become pure and is part of the family of the groom.
The Other Side Of The Sky Analysis
- It’s incredible how different our cultures can be when we are on one planet. It’s also amazing how similar our cultures are, even though we are so different from one another. That’s what makes our world and our inhabitants so different. In The Other Side of the Sky by Farah Ahmedi and Tamim Ansary, there were a variety of instances that demonstrated a lot of cultural differences and similarities. California And Afghanistan are quite different, yet quite alike. California is distinct in that it is an extremely safe place since you can leave the house and not hear shots. Afghanistan as well as California are similar in that both have faith in God, although they are diverse religions. Farah was born in a time of war and was not protected. However, she did find that prayer to God was a great help to her through the toughest of times, and Farah had to find shelter and housing because there was a shortage of money.
- Read More
Ethnography Of A Wedding Ceremony In North American Culture
- Within North American culture, weddings are typically a grand celebration of bringing two families together. At a recent wedding that I attended along alongside my entire family observed numerous aspects of the significance of music during the wedding ceremony. Weddings typically consist of a formal ceremony, followed by the reception or celebration following. The wedding in question was only a small amount of music in the ceremony (other than the wedding procession “Here Comes the Bride” and the moment when the newlyweds left at the conclusion of the ceremony). However, the role of music was much more prominent at the reception (in which there was a celebration with entertainment and dance).
- Read More
Cultural Themes In Monsoon Wedding
- The renowned reviewer Roger Ebert has praised Mira Nair’s Monsoon Wedding for the way that it “leaps national boundaries and celebrates universal human nature.” In spite of the numerous different views that divide people, there are aspects of life common to all people that can be utilized to connect and comprehend people from different backgrounds. In the course of the story, the authors allow the audience to connect to a traditional Indian family through the feelings they share with their characters as well as the way they address issues of love, trust, and family while being aware of the numerous distinctions between the traditional American tradition and the cultural background of the people in the film.
- Read More
Similarities Between African-American And Chinese Culture
- The union of two persons for the duration of the rest of their lives. It marks a special event in one’s life and is a moment that will be cherished forever by the person who was married. Weddings are celebrated all over the globe, many times each year. It is a common practice across many cultural traditions. While many different traditions have the same events taking place at their weddings, however, comparing one wedding culture to the next will reveal that they have distinct traditions.
Advertise your business and get customers. Find out how you can photograph the weddings you’re booked to photograph. Finally, you should learn best practices to run your own business.
If you’re a self-employed wedding photographer, you’re more than only an artist. There are a variety of hats to wear, including marketing manager, web designer, accountant, salesperson, etc. There are many aspects of photography, and you’ll need to take on all of them by yourself or hire an outside contractor.
Use a business strategy. This involves figuring out the best way to expand, attract clients, and earn money. It is possible to start by doing an analysis of how you compare to different wedding photographers that are in the local area.
The business plan will require you to start considering pricing, something that will be discussed in a subsequent section. The goal is to earn more than you spend, which is why it’s important to be setting up a budget. Create a separate business bank account to keep everything separate.
Ask yourself what you’ll do to be noticed so that you’ll be able to find work. Let’s take a look at one of the biggest obstacles to starting a business: the process of finding customers. Marketing, as the term implies, is an unruly horse we’ll try to manage or master or even ride.
Five Simple Steps to Starting Your Business
- Begin by shooting or shooting another wedding for a chance to experience.
- Profit, once you begin charging for your work, you’re operating a business.
- Make sure you have a formal business plan that will allow you to get the business aspect of things and also how you can develop a profitable business.
- It should be official. You need a business permit or create a bank account, etc.
- Discover ways to attract more customers.