In Canada, most people consider Marriage as the legally binding union of a couple that formally acknowledges their affection for each other. In other regions of the world, diverse traditions have arranged marriages that are planned by the guardians of the family of the couple. In all likelihood, there are long-lasting, successful romance stories that result from arranged marriages. But, the entire process of a planned marriage could be detrimental to society. My opinion is that I believe that marriages arranged are untrue and shouldn’t longer be accepted around the world. It dehumanizes people when making decisions for both partners and violates women’s rights. These often lead to an inaccurate assessment of the character. Additionally, their lack of genuine love can lead to a lack of love.…show more of the content…
As we mentioned previously, the wedding ceremony may be so quick that the couple getting married don’t have time to meet each other prior to their wedding. As an example, suppose the husband likes smoking at home, and his wife doesn’t like the smell, but the husband will not quit. It is true that some things can be altered. However, there are a lot of individuals who are incompatible as partners. If a marriage is planned, It’s likely that they won’t discover these differences until they’re married. This means that people are likely to remain in a marriage that is unhappy and express displeasure towards the other person and their desires. In many cases, divorce is not an option because of concerns about finances and religious beliefs. family or cultural, familial expectations. It is possible to avoid this by establishing an intimate relationship with a person by themselves instead of joining an arranged relationship.…show further material…
The criteria tend to degrade and degrade a person when looking for the right marriage candidate for their loved ones. In the rush to marry, there is the likelihood of misunderstanding the person’s character. A marriage arranged by a person is likely to result in two incompatible people in a marriage that is unhappy for the rest of their lives. For a lot of people, divorce is not an alternative. It is true that a lot of weddings that are arranged have positive results. However, for the many years to come, it will be an option for many who have no choice to choose.
Get a glimpse of this essay!In this article, the author
- Arguments that arranged marriages are untrue and should not be accepted all over the world. They make people feel less human when they choose to decide on behalf of both parties and infringe women’s rights.
- Explains that marriages arranged in India as well as countries in Africa, typically involve a dowry, which can lead to fathers marrying off their young daughters to men of a certain age for beer, money, and other items.
Serena Nanda’s Arranging A Marriage
- “Arranging a Marriage” by Serena Nanda is a true tale that was filmed in India. The author explains the way marriage is planned in India. The writer tried to help her Indian friend find an appropriate woman to marry her son. While helping, Nanda discovered that it was not an easy task to find a suitable match with her son’s best friend. Nanda shows how important compatibility is in organized Indian weddings. In India, the majority of weddings are planned by parents. Nanda says, “I must let my parents choose a boy for me because here we have a chance to enjoy our life and let our parents to do this work and warring for us” (479) A quote by an academically educated Indian girl. In America, in the US, American parents rarely organize the weddings of their children. Nanda examines and contrasts
Marriage A History Stephanie Coontz Summary
- To write this book review, I go through Marriage, a History: From Obedience to Intimacy. In this book, the author Stephanie Coontz discusses how and why the roles of Marriage have changed through time. The book begins by examining the notion of Marriage to love is a new idea in modern society, and more specifically, it has grown over the past two centuries. In actual fact, in the time of ancient Greece, the notion of a man falling engaged to his spouse was thought to be morally unjust. In a marriage that was based on love or affection was deemed to be unsuitable since it diverted from the relationship an individual ought to have with God. Today, it is common for two couples to join a marriage based on passion, but
Definition Essay On Marriage
- According to the dictionary, Marriage means “the legal union of a man and a woman as husband and wife.” Americans often fail to make it through a marriage (According to Susan Estrich),”with more than half of weddings ending with divorce. families aren’t what they were in the past. In modern marriages couples, one partner is likely to marry the other for untrue motives like the stability of their finances (wealth). (According according to Emma Goldman).” Marriage is primarily an economic arrangement, an insurance pact.” This is a typical error in marriages since you are marrying someone for money and not for love. That’s an unwise way to go about any relationship. Money isn’t the only thing that can bring happiness, so being married just because of money isn’t a wise decision to make. There are occasions