Imagine you about begin a new job. You’re nervous. You’d appreciate having a thorough understanding of how things operate in your new job to feel confident and comfortable. If you’re a photographer just getting started and looking to leap into the world of professional photography, You’re in the right place. Taylor Jackson shares behind-the-scenes footage from the wedding day. He also offers his tricks and tips which he employs while shooting weddings:
THE INITIAL SHOTS
In the beginning, Jackson warms up by performing two simple tasks by taking some photos of detail and making everyone around know that he’s the photographer and will be taking photographs during the entire day. Here are some suggestions to begin your day:
Coming soon: beginners can receive the eBook free of charge! Photo Tricks eBook!
We hope that you’ll revisit us, we’re offering our popular Photography Tricks eBook, as well as other strategies to help you begin creating amazing images:
SEND ME A COPY
- Begin by taking photos of the details. Take pictures of the ring flowers, the jewelry, and the dress.
- If your couple is spending time with their loved ones getting ready for their wedding, take pictures of these candid moments.
- If they’re happy with it, snap some photos of the couple in preparation for the wedding. While you’re doing this, be mindful about the backdrop. If the space is messy due to many people making their way through the same room, Jackson recommends using something similar to an 85mm lens to create a clear area around the subject. If the room is not as cluttered, you couldget away with using a wider lens, such as a 28mm lens.
- When shooting, candid images are a great way to express your emotions. But, at the end of the shoot, if you think you could get more effective shots by asking your subjects to pose for you, do it without hesitation.
- Discuss with the client if they would like photos taken at the time of the first look. Then, they must respect their wishes. Because it’s an intimate moment, particular couples may not want to have their photographs taken.
OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
After they’ve all been prepared and are having their first look and have had their first look, you can arrange one quick photo shoot with the couple and afterward with their family and friends. Here are a few things to consider when planning the outdoor photo shoot on the day of the wedding:
- Pose your couple in a pose that signifies love and romance. Holding hands, walking in a circle while gazing into each other eyes, or even just a kiss on the lips are some classic poses for shooting.
- When it comes to gear related, you can choose the likes of an 85mm, 70-200mm, as well as the 135mm that Jackson is using. The focal lengths that are used wide-open create stunning bokeh and melt the background away.
- Seek out areas with shade to photograph the bride and groom, as well as their groomsmen and bridesmaids. In areas with intense sunlight, it could smudge details, and, most important, make it more difficult for the subject to pose.
- Jackson’s working method is to take lots of photographs and choose later instead of rushing to miss the ideal moment.
- If the couple had something unique designed to serve as a booth photo, make sure you take photographs there too. What is the point of letting their efforts be ignored?
- When taking photos of group photos of family members and friends, you can invite them to speak with each other, or pretend to do it, or even tell a joke that will get them laughing. A photograph with this kind of emotion and expression will look more appealing.
- If there’s a small space with adequate lighting in the location where the wedding ceremony will take place, then it’s perfectly acceptable to open a store in the area. It will produce an improved photo and help you work more efficiently also.
WEDDING CEREMONY PHOTO SHOOT
A wedding is a location where photographers are unable to shoot or direct the guests. Therefore, as photographer, you have to prepare in a different method to shoot photographs at the time of wedding ceremonies.